On-Site Environmental Services
Our company is Canada's premier on-site environmental services provider; we assist organizations across the institutional, industrial and commercial sectors in solving some of their toughest environmental challenges. We own and operate a network of liquid and solid waste material recycling, destruction, treatment, storage, disposal and recovery facilities that provide a wide range of comprehensive on-site environmental services:
PCB On-site Services
From mobile equipment for short-term projects to long-term integrated services for full-scale decommissioning projects, we have developed customized PCB on-site services to suit your unique environmental needs. Our PCB on-site services are suitable for PCB contaminated electrical transformers and equipment, capacitors, ballasts, transformer oil / askarel fluid and solvents. Our PCB on-site services division specializes in tackling high hazard PCB decontamination challenges, and ensures:
- PCB hazardous waste audit, sampling, testing and weighing.
- Government compliant draining, packaging, labeling and transportation of PCB contaminated materials.
- In-house laboratory testing of PCB contaminated materials.
- Certificate of PCB destruction.
- Decommissioning and deregistering of PCB storage sites.
Having the right personnel and the right equipment for any PCB eradication job can be difficult, so trust us and our reliable PCB on-site services. Give us a call to learn more about our PCB on-site services, our other on-site environmental services, or our Aevitas wastewater treatment services.
Aevitas also offers guaranteed disposal of all PCB contaminated materials like caulking, paints, solvents and soil.
Our on-site environmental services team offers mercury spill clean-up services for the unexpected release of this toxic metal. Our company's trained technicians will capture and remove the mercury from the contaminated area and provide complete remediation services. Our recovery services adhere to strict government guidelines, and ensure that the disposal of your mercury laden waste creates as little an environmental impact as possible. No job is too big or too small. Our experts have successfully managed small mercury releases from breaking of a mercury device in a classroom to a large scale project recovering 1.8 tonnes of mercury from a decommissioning project. We even engineered and built specialized containers for shipping 400 tonnes of mercury contaminated material across the country safely and without exposure to the environment. Aevitas will safely collect and dispose of:
- Mercury containing thermostats
- Mercury containing switches
- Mercury containing blood pressure units
- Mercury contaminated soil
- Mercury containing fluorescent lamps
- And other mercury bearing devices
Please contact us to learn more about our mercury recovery services, our other on-site environmental services, or our Aevitas wastewater treatment services.
Lab Pack Services
As Canada's leading on-site environmental services company, we help organizations who generate miscellaneous agents and chemicals at their laboratories, or from their maintenance services or manufacturing processes, by providing on-site lab pack services. Our highly-skilled technicians and chemists safely remove and dispose of unwanted or obsolete materials on a one-time, on-call or regularly scheduled basis. Our lab pack services include:
- Waste profiling: we profile your lab waste for proper identification and segregation.
- Waste classification: we classify your lab waste in accordance with applicable environmental and government regulations to determine the best treatment process for disposal.
- Waste inventory: our chemists / technicians segregate and inventory all or your lab waste streams.
- Waste manifesting: we label, manifest and package all lab waste.
- Waste removal and transportation: we package your lab waste into closable, leakproof, puncture resistant and appropriately labeled containers, and safely transfer them to one of our approved environmental services facilities for safe disposal.
Our friendly and experienced lab pack services professionals are ready to help, so give us a call to schedule service, and don't forget to ask about our other on-site environmental services, and our wastewater treatment services!
Transformer Site Services
To save Canadian commercial, industrial and institutional organizations valuable time and money, our company offers an array of transformer site services:
Our transformer dismantling services includes draining transformer oil, transporting transporter oil for recycling, transformer dismantling, disposal and recycling.
PCB transformer retro-filling
Retrofilling the oil in a transformer is a great way of reducing PCB contamination. During our company’s PCB transformer retrofill process, transformer oil is drained from your transformer, then flushed and refilled with new insulating oil. During the transformer refilling stage, our company degasifies the oil and vacuum fills the equipment. Flushing the equipment is critical to the process in order to eliminate internal surfaces of PCB contaminants, and to remove sludge build-up from the transformer. We can use your oil, or can offer insulating oil that meets the demands of your unique application. Our transformer site service experts can help you choose the best transformer oil for your needs: naphthenic based or new paraffinic oil, silicone fluid, or new MODEF 60 transformer oil. To learn more about our MODEF60 transformer oil, please visit:
Mineral oil with up to 500ppm PCB contamination is dechlorinated at one of our Canada-wide licensed transformer oil treatment facilities, then filtered and treated for reuse.
Our transformer site services technicians are fully equipped to service any type of PCB contaminated or non-PCB transformer, including:
- Perchloroethylene PCB transformers
- Pure PCB (askarel) transformers
- Mineral oil tranformers
- Silicone fluid transformers
We are also capable of temporarily storing transformer oil, and transporting containerized transformer oil for top-ups, or bulk transformer oil for retro-filling. To learn more about our transformer site services, our other on-site environmental services, or our wastewater treatment services, get in touch with our skilled and knowledgeable team.
Our company's transportation services team is fully trained to operate our specialized transportation service equipment, and are focused on providing safe and reliable waste transportation in compliance with Canada-wide environmental and government regulations. Our fleet of over 100 tankers, end dumps, flat decks, roll-offs, drop-offs, van trailers, and straight and vacuum trucks are capable of transporting, and disposing or recycling all kinds of solid or liquid waste, including:
- Hazardous waste
- Regulated waste
- PCB contaminated materials
- Industrial waste
- Institutional waste
- Commercial waste
- Inorganic and organic waste
- Contaminated soil
- Electrical equipment
- Oily water
- Sludge and solids
- Transformer oil
- Lab chemicals
- Spent batteries and lamps
- And much more
Each of our transportation services vehicles are equipped with secondary containment systems and spill kits designed to capture any volume of waste material in the unlikely event of a release while in transit, so as to prevent a release to the environment. We also offer power wash services, and rail transportation as yet another method of safely transporting your small or large volume bulk waste in drums, totes, gaylord containers or pails. Contact the experts at Aevitas to ask about our transportation services, our other on-site environmental services, or our wastewater treatment services.
Analytical & Testing Services
At Aevitas, Canada's premier supplier of on-site environmental services and wastewater treatment services, we offer comprehensive analytical and testing services to provide you with the reliable data you require. Our analytical and testing services for electrical equipment disposal include:
- Testing oil for PCB contamination levels
- Testing paints/coatings for PCB and heavy metals
- Waste characterization analysis
- Toxic Characteristic Leachate Procedure (TCLP)
- And more
Other analytical and testing services can be applied to the following materials:
- Wastewater; metals, pH, nitrate & nitrite, BOD, chromate, free cyanide, phenols, fluoride, sulphide, PCB, total suspended solids, oil & grease, etc.
- Contaminated soil and solids; metals, pH, oil & grease, moisture.
- PCB contamination; soil, tar, pothead, paper, caulking, swipe, electrical cable.
- Oils, fuels, solvents, grease; metals, specific gravity, flash point, DGA, PCB.
For dependable analytical and testing services, contact Aevitas today.
At Aevitas, we own and operate a concrete contained, geosynthetic membrane transformer oil tank farm for short or long-term transformer oil storage. Our transformer oil equipment, tankers and trucks permits us to securely fill, drain, refill and transport small or large quantities of transformer oil for commercial, industrial and institutional organizations across Canada. To ensure absolute protection, we employ a portable "spill containment berm" which enables our transportation service vehicles' full volume to be contained should an emergency spill or rupture occur. For transformer oil filling, our on-site environmental services team will help you select the best transformer oil to meet your needs, whether its new paraffinic or naphthenic based oil, like new MODEF 60 oil or silicone fluid. Our Ministry of the Environment (MOE) certified environmental services facility treats used transformer oil to completely erase all PCB content or other forms of contamination, for its safe and permanent disposal, or rendering of new transformer oil for reuse or re-sale in the transformer market. To learn more about our transformer oil services, our other on-site environmental services, or our wastewater treatment services, please get in touch with us.
To learn more about our on-site environmental services, please connect with our talented team of Aevitas wastewater treatment experts! To further explore our other environmental service offerings, please visit:
- Oily water disposal
- Industrial wastewater treatment
- Oil recovery
- Waste fuel recycling
- Sludge / solid fixation
- Inorganic & organic waste treatment
- Acid / caustic neutralization
- Lamp recycling
- Recycle by mail
- Transformer oil recycling
- Battery recycling
- Electrical equipment recycling
- Resource recovery
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Regulated waste disposal
- PCB destruction
- Industrial waste disposal
- Remediation & demolition
- Institutional waste management
- Electrical equipment disposal
- Assured destruction